About this Policy
Fandelo provides the Services through a mobile application (“Fandelo App”).
- What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the Services, we must handle personal information about you. The type of personal information that we collect depends on how you use Fandelo.
The types of personal information we collect from you include:
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use Fandelo, including your name, address, residential address, timezone and screen location, photographs, date of birth, preferences and contact details (including phone number and email). This includes the information you provide when you sign up for an account, create or share content, or communicate with other users of Fandelo ("Users"). This can also include information in or about the content that you provide (e.g. metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. Our systems automatically process content and communications that you and others provide to analyse context and what's in them for the purposes described below.
- Networks and connections. We collect information about the people, accounts, and pages that you are connected to and follow, and how you interact with them across Fandelo, such as Users you communicate with the most, pages that you engage with the most, and Favorites that you follow. We also collect contact information if you choose to upload, sync, or import it from a device (such as an address, your screen location or profile photo), which we use for things such as helping Users find Favorites you may be interested in following and for the other purposes listed below.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use Fandelo, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the Favorites you follow, the Users or pages you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you're using and have last used Fandelo, and what news, videos and other content you view on Fandelo.
- Information about transactions made on Fandelo. If you use Fandelo for purchases or other financial transactions (such as when you purchase tickets, merchandise or memorabilia), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. Fandelo uses a tokenised payment system which means we will not store payment information such as your credit or debit card number. However, we may collect other authentication information, and billing, delivery and contact details.
- Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyse content, communications and information that other Users provide when they use Fandelo. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a page you follow or one of your posts, comments on news and other content, or when you upload, sync or import your contact information.
- Device information
As described below, we collect information from and about the phones and other devices you use that integrate with Fandelo, and we combine this information across different devices you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of Fandelo on your phone to better personalise the content (including ads) or features that you see when you use Fandelo on another device, such as a second phone, or to measure whether you took an action in response to an ad that we showed you on your phone. Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviours performed on the device or tracking movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts that you use, and family device IDs.
- Device signals: bluetooth signals, information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons and mobile phone masts.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings that you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network, so we can do things such as help stream content, video or audio from your phone to your TV.
Advertisers, app developers, vendors and suppliers can send us information that they use, including our social plug-ins (such as the comment, like and share buttons), Fandelo login, our APIs and SDKs. These partners provide information about your activities outside of the Fandelo App – including information about your device, websites you visit, purchases you make, the ads you see and how you use their services – whether or not you have an account or are logged into the Fandelo App. For example, a media partner could use our API to tell us what news you read, or a vendor could tell us about a purchase you made in its shop. We may also receive information about your online and offline actions and purchases from third-party data providers who have the rights to provide us with your information.
Partners receive your personal information when you visit or use their services, or through third-parties that they work with. We require each of these partners to have lawful rights to collect, use and share your personal information before providing us with any data.
We use the information that we have (subject to choices you make and settings you select) as described below and to provide and support Fandelo.
- Provide, personalise and improve Fandelo. We use the information that we have to deliver the Services, including to personalise features and content (including your ads and feed) and make suggestions for you (such as content to engage with, events that you may be interested in attending, or Favorites that you may want to follow) on and off the Fandelo App. To create a personalised product that is unique and relevant to you, we use your preferences, interests and activities based on the personal information that we collect and learn from you and others (including any personal information with special protections you choose to provide), how you use and interact with Fandelo; and the Users, brands or events that you're connected to and interested in on and off the Fandelo App.
- Information across the Fandelo product. We connect information about your activities on the Fandelo App and devices to provide a more tailored and consistent experience for you. For example, we can suggest that you follow a favorite tailored to your interests. We can also make your experience more seamless, for example, by automatically filling in information required to make a purchase from your profile (such as name, address, phone).
- Location-related information. We use location-related information – such as your current location, where you live, the places you like to go, and the businesses and people you're near – to provide, personalise and improve Fandelo, including ads, for you and others. Location-related information can be based on things such as precise device location (if you've allowed us to collect it), IP addresses and information from your use of the Fandelo App (such as news articles read, audio streamed, and events that you attend).
- Product research and development. We use the information we have to develop, test and improve Fandelo, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
- Ads and other sponsored content. We use the information we have about you – including information about your interests and actions – to select and personalise ads, offers and other sponsored content that we show you.
- Providing measurement, analytics and other business services. We use the information we have (including your activities outside of the Fandelo App, such as the websites you visit and ads you see) to help Favorites, advertisers and our partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their content, ads and services, and understand the types of Users who use their services and how Users interact with their websites, apps and services.
- Promoting safety, integrity and security. We use the information we collect to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our product, and promote safety and security on and outside of the Fandelo App. For example, we use personal information that we have to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our Terms or Policies, or to detect when someone needs our assistance.
- Communicate with you. We use the information that we collect to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about Fandelo and our partners, and to let you know about our Terms and Policies. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Your information is shared with others (including Favorites, and third party partners and advertisers) in the following ways:
Favorites, pages and content that you follow, share and communicate with. When you follow, engage, share and communicate using the Fandelo App, you do this within your feed and within a selected Favorites’ filtered feed. For example, when you comment on a news article, the audience able to view your comment includes all other Users who have also selected to follow that specific Favorite. Our network can also see the actions that you have taken on Fandelo including engagement with ads and sponsored content. We also let Favorites see which Users have followed their page and viewed or engaged with the content on their page.
Some of your personal information can be accessed by the general public including those without an account with Fandelo (“Public Information”). This includes your username which when issued consists of your full first name and last name initial (if one or more Users have the same first name and initial as you, then we will also allocate a number to you and those other Users to distinguish you from them). You and other User of the Fandelo App can provide access to or send the Public Information to anyone on or outside the Fandelo App in search results or through tools and APIs. The Public Information may also be seen, accessed, reshared or downloaded through third-party services such as search engines, APIs and offline media such as TV, and by apps, websites and other services that integrate with Fandelo.
- Apps, websites and third-party integrations on or using Fandelo. When you choose to use third-party apps, websites or other services that use, or are integrated with the Fandelo App, they can receive information about the actions you take including what you love or comment on. For example, when you use a Fandelo comment or love button on a news article, the publisher of that article can request to receive information about your activities or receive a comment that you share from the Fandelo App. Also, when you use such third-party services, they can access your Public Information on Fandelo, and any information that you share with them. Applications and websites that you use may receive your list of Favorites if you choose to share it with them. Information collected by these third-party services is subject to their own terms and policies, not ours.
- New owner. If the ownership or control of all or part of Fandelo or its assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
- Internally. When you use the Fandelo App and access our Services, we will share your personal information to our employees, consultants, contractors, agents and advisors working with Fandelo for a range of purposes including to operate, protect, improve and optimise the Fandelo App and to send you support, service and admin messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you.
- Sharing with third-party partners. We work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve Fandelo, which makes it possible to operate our business and provide free services to Users around the world. We impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the personal information we provide and we do not sell your personal information. Here are the types of third parties that we share information with:
- Partners who use our analytics services. We provide aggregated statistics and insights that help people and businesses understand how people are engaging with their posts, pages, videos and other content on and off Fandelo. For example, Fandelo admins receive information about the number of people or accounts who viewed, reacted to or commented on their content, as well as aggregate demographic and other information that helps them understand interactions with their account or Fandelo page or content.
- Favorites. We share information that identifies you, including your email address, with Favorites so they can communicate with and gain insights into their fans. Any information about you is only shared with Favorites that you follow on the Fandelo App under a data licensing agreement. You may opt out of this agreement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advertisers. We provide advertisers with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, but we don't share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information for advertisers (for example, that an ad was seen by a man between the ages of 20 and 35 who lives in Barcelona and likes reggae music) to help them better understand their audience. We also confirm which ads led you to make a purlchase or take an action with an advertiser.
- Measurement partners. We share information about you with companies that aggregate it to provide analytics and measurement reports to our partners.
- Partners offering goods and services in Fandelo. When you buy something in the Fandelo App, the Favorite or third-party seller can receive your Public Information and other information that you share with them, as well as the information needed to complete the transaction, including shipping and contact details.
- Vendors and service providers. We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analysing how the Fandelo App is used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
- Researchers. We may also provide information and content to research partners to conduct research that advances scholarship and innovation that supports our business or mission and enhances discovery on topics such as technological advancement and innovation.
- Law enforcement or legal requests. We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests as outlined below.
- We provide you with the ability to access, rectify and delete your personal information unless a valid exception applies that entitles Fandelo to refuse access or deletion. For example, you may require us to delete any personal information where the information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or you no longer wish for us to hold that information.
- You may request us to only use your personal information in a certain way. We will take reasonable steps to comply with such a request. However this may limit our ability to provide the Services to you.
- There may be situations where Fandelo may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information or delete your personal information. In that case, Fandelo will provide a reason as to why it cannot provide access or deletion.
- If you request access to or deletion of your personal information, Fandelo may require you to verify your identity for security purposes.
- You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date, accurate and complete. If you fail to do this, Fandelo may be unable to provide you with the Services. You acknowledge and agree that you remain solely responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date, accurate and complete.
- We store your personal information until it is no longer necessary to provide our services, or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things such as the nature of the personal information, why it is collected and used, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. When you delete your account, we delete your personal information after 7 days and, after this time, you won't be able to recover this information later. Information that others have shared about you isn't part of your account and won't be deleted. To delete your account at any time, please do this via your profile settings in the Fandelo App.
- The Fandelo App may contain links to websites and online locations operated by third parties.
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request (e.g. a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of Australia and the United States when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects Users in that jurisdiction and is consistent with internationally recognised standards.
Information that we receive about you (including transaction data related to purchases made on or via Fandelo) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for term breaches for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term breaches.
- When Fandelo transfers or transmits the personal information to a third party in a country where no adequacy decision has been made, Fandelo will take reasonable steps to ensure the entity handling your personal information in those countries is contractually bound to meet the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the GDPR (as applicable).
- You need to provide the Privacy team reasonable details of your complaint. Fandelo will respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time.
Level 1, 170 Bridport Street
Albert Park, VIC 3141